The project involved developing a standardized technician training program which was implemented across multiple sites in B.C. and Alberta. Components of this project included:
- Workshops with supervisors to brainstorm and prioritize training material, training delivery methods, and competency assessment tools.
- Development of a training outline consisting of 6 modules and associated tools.
- Creation of a training checklist and detailed schedule.
- Development and pilot testing of knowledge quizzes.
- Training trainers to deliver the modules in a 5-day Boot Camp format.