This project involved implementing a Workplace Hazardous Material Information System at more than 60 sites in B.C. and Alberta. Components of the project included:
- Surveying more than 60 volunteer-operated locations regarding all chemicals currently in use at the site.
- Analyzing the data collected, researching the properties of all chemicals, and establishing a list of standard chemicals to be used in all sites.
- Developing and implementing procurement and warehousing protocols for all chemicals.
- Sourcing a third party provider of generic WHMIS online training for all personnel.
- Writing and testing customized WHMIS training and audit tools.
- Training personnel to deliver workshops across both provinces.
- Writing and implementing WHMIS policies and safe work procedures.
- Procuring the new chemicals, training all personnel, and tracking completion of training.
- Ensuring the ongoing maintenance of the program including annual refresher training for all personnel.